PART TIME PHOTOGRAPHY Studio POSITION 8/1/2018
COMPANY: Exum Photography, LLC in Elon, NC (near Greensboro)
TYPE OF WORK WE DO: Commercial, Editorial, Video, Wedding & Fine-Art Photography
Position: Photographer’s Assistant/ Digital Image Tech, This is an entry-level job opening.
Experience Level: Current students or recent graduates are perfect candidates. Experienced shooters looking for part-time work also considered.
Job Status: Part-Time, 24 hours a week plus (opportunity for more hours may exist in the future based on studio needs and your skill set)
Salary: (depends on experience)
Education: Bachelor’s Level Degree in Photography (w/emphasis on commercial or photojournalism)
Job Description: We are looking for a visual creative that has experience with still photography and video. This position would also be a good fit for a recent photography graduate, current student or even a young photographer who needs part-time work to fill the gap within their own freelance schedule. We need an upbeat, positive person with a strong work ethic and great communication skills that can help manage our studio’s busy workflow. We need a person to help us; shoot projects, edit images and video, assist on shoots with lighting set-up and digital image management, troubleshoot computers and gear, organize and maintain the studio, frame our fine-art prints and be a part of a creative team. Our photography work focuses on people, fashion, product, industry, fine-art, and weddings. Some projects involve travel across North Carolina and occasionally out of state. Every day is unique at Exum Photography and the work we do is varied and interesting. Our work environment is unique: a studio built onto the Exum home with a small staff that works around our quirky family. Our mascot is Steve’s dog Murphy: the most intelligent and sweetest dog you’ll ever meet. Owner/photographer Steve Exum loves the creative process and is growing his creative team. The tasks you will perform will be numerous. A willingness to work with our flexible shoot schedule is key. In a small business, we all wear many hats, so the experience you gain working with Exum Photography will be wide and varied. This is an excellent opportunity for a young photographer. We want someone who sees the value of both growing their photography skills while helping to maintain the business behind being a creative for hire.
- Degree in photography/visual communications or equivalent combination of education/work experience
- Resident near Burlington, NC (Triad, Durham, Chapel Hill area)
- Photography skills capturing images with Digital Photography equipment
- Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom experience
- Macintosh skills a must
- Interest in Video Editing
- An understanding of social media & blogging
- A willingness to learn FileMaker Pro database software
- A willingness to learn framing and matting skills
- A willingness to learn general business related bookkeeping and organization work
- Good writing and verbal communication skills for client interaction
- Strong organizational skills
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, a sense of humor and a strong work ethic
- Integrity, honesty, accountable and punctuality
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy photography equipment or furniture
- Stamina and ability to work days that require us to be on our feet all day
TO MAKE CONTACT: Please do not call. Before you email us PLEASE peruse our website including our blog and Facebook so you will get a picture of the type of work we do. If this position seems like a good fit, then make contact via the “EMAIL EXUM PHOTOGRAPH” button below and someone from our team will respond with the appropriate email to send us your information especially if you need to send attachments like a PDF of your resume or cover letter. You also have the option creating a cover letter in the form of the email you put in the “MESSAGE” contact box. In your cover letter please include the following: a link to a portfolio of images, a description of your career goals, your personality and your passions, a list of work-related references with name, e-mail and telephone numbers and a personal reference from someone that knows your personality well. Please include a link to your resume. If you are a recent graduate or about to be; please provide a reference that is school related and any work references you have had even if outside the realm of photography.