FULL TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER / PHOTO EDITOR POSITION – Posted 6/13/19
COMPANY: Exum Photography, LLC in Elon, NC (Near Burlington & 20 Minutes from Greensboro)
TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHY WE DO: Commercial, Editorial, Wedding & Fine-Art Photography
Position: Graphic Designer / Photo Editor
Experience Level: 3 to 5 years minimum working experience
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: 40K to 50K depending on skill set
Education: 4 year B/A degree with a visual communications emphasis in graphic design or related work experience
Job Description: We are looking for a visual communications creative with strong graphic design experience that shares a passion for photography. We need an upbeat, positive person with a strong work ethic and great communications skills that can help manage our studio’s busy workflow. We need a team player who can multitask.
What you’ll bring …
- Minimum 3 to 5 years as a Graphic Designer with Photo Retouching Experience
- Expertise with Adobe Create Suites
- Intimate Knowledge of Photoshop w/keen eye for detail and solid grasp of color theory
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word, and Excel is paramount
- Some web design skills are strongly preferred (primarily w/regard to small updates to our site) Can teach
- Experience with Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet timelines and intended objectives, all with high quality standards
- Proficient writing skills to handle social media post, email blasts and articulate email correspondence with clients
- Ok with occasional travel to photoshoot locations
What you’ll do …
- edit digital photographs & design studio marketing materials
- help manage our apparel photography workflow
- help manage our client correspondence with regard to multiple ongoing projects
- handle our social media, manage our photo database, design wedding albums
- design marketing materials for Exum Photography and our sister business Bloomatini.com
- help manage our fine art line of lighthouse print orders to include large format printing and fulfillment
- occasionally assist on location at photo shoots by managing a digital image workflow and staging gear
About Our Studio: Every week is unique at Exum Photography. The work we do is truly eclectic and fun. Our mainstay is fashion photography with an emphasis on apparel lay flat studio work as well as shooting on model work. Please peruse our entire website to get a vivid idea of our portfolio and capabilities. Steve’s Conceptual Portfolio is indicative of some of our zanier photo shoots. Occasionally we travel shooting jobs for some of our larger commercial clients. We work out of 2 different studio locations. Our main Elon studio is built next to company founder Steve Exum’s home with a small staff that works in proximity Steve’s engaging family. We run Exum Photography and Bloomatini.com out of Elon location. Bloomatini is Molly Exum’s (Steve’s wife) paper flower company. Our Holt studio is a satellite warehouse space in Burlington about 15 minutes from the Elon studio. It is also the fulfillment location for Bloomatini.com. Principal photographer and company founder Steve Exum is a high energy, personable manager with high expectations for diligence, creativity and great customer service from his team. Our goal is always to surpass our clients expectations. Our work schedule varies. Most days are 8:30 to 5:30 pm, but on the occasional location shoot days we might have an early morning start and/or a late night finish. We shot a limited number of weddings but this work is a small part of our workflow. Liking dogs is a must. Our studio mascot and professional “Greeter” is the Exum Family dog Murphy? The tasks you will perform will be numerous. In a small business, we all wear many hats, so the work opportunities at Exum Photography will be varied. It’s an excellent opportunity for a visual communication working professional with few years in the business looking for something new. Our studio atmosphere is professional yet personable and relaxed. We have a large screened in porch behind the studio where we frequently eat lunch together and fellowship. We want someone who understands the ideal marriage between great graphic design and photography and the importance of maintaining a strong business as a creative team for hire.
To Apply: Please do not call the studio. E-mail Steve Exum (firstname.lastname@example.org) about your interest in the position. Please include a resume that highlights your education and work experience. Please include a link to a portfolio of work. Include a cover letter that illustrates your work experience to date and include a creative description of your personality and interest. In your letter include a short biography of your life: childhood to now including places you’ve lived. Include a description of where you see yourself in 10 years. If you have a Facebook account and are interested, please send a friend request to Steven Jamison Exum after you have sent your resume and cover letter via email. Please provide a list of references with e-mail address and telephone numbers. Provide two references that are work related and one reference of someone that knows your personality well.